Date:Saturday November 23 2013
23 November 2013
Huddersfield travel the short distance to Sheffield to face Wednesday in front of the Sky Camera's
This fixture usually provides goals and with leading scorer James Vaughan returning Town will be hopeful of another 3 pint haul from Hillsborough
Our performance against Birmingham was very poor," Mark said. "Besides from that performance and for one half against Barnsley, we have done pretty well this season. We have had a decent week`s training ahead of tomorrow`s game, but that will mean nothing if we don`t produce.
"Everything about the game is exciting. The atmosphere, the derby element and the fact that we are live on Sky Sports is to be looked forward to; we have got something to prove.
"One or two lads, if given the opportunity, need to step up and put in a better performance,"
Being captain will be good for him and people will follow his example," he said. "He has been chomping at the bit over the past two weeks and has worked hard to get himself ready. I am pleased to have him back and we are a different side when he is in it.
"He is very serious about the responsibility, but just to have him back on the pitch is a major boost for us. I just want him to play his normal game, I am not expecting anything extra special from him as captain. He will work as hard as he possibly can do for the team.
"He was disappointed to miss the games and is ready to come back in; being captain will give him an extra incentive."
Jose Semedo returns from suspension
Martin Taylor (ankle) misses out whilst fellow defender Kamil Zayatte faces a fitness test on a similar injury.
The striker on loan from Hull has caused Town a fair share of problems down the years whilst at Leicester
He has 4 goals this season
James Vaughan returns from suspension.
Martin Paterson returns along with Jon Hogg and Adam Clayton
Missed 3 games, he will be keen to get among the goals and stamp his authority as recently named captain
• Huddersfield won the most recent corresponding fixture 3-1 in September last year, when each club had a player sent off.
• The Terriers have not lost a league game at Hillsborough since August 2004, and shared eight goals in the last but one visit.
• The Owls' only win in the last six home league games against Huddersfield was a 1-0 League One triumph in August 2004, when Steven MacLean scored the winner.
• The Owls have found wins the most difficult to come by in this division, but are now targeting successive Hillsborough victories having thrashed Reading 5-2 in the last home fixture.
• Dave Jones' side are the draw specialists of the Championship, with eight of 14 games finishing level, but they are also the only club yet to keep a clean sheet in the division.
• This is Wednesday's lowest equivalent points total for 12 years, but victory over their Yorkshire rivals would provide a 400th home win in second level league football.
• The Terriers have lost four of the last five league games including the most recent two, and are anxious to avoid three on the spin last suffered at this level in February 2001.
• They are without victory in five on the road (D2, L3) since their solitary travelling maximum against Millwall on 17 August (1-0).
• Huddersfield have won four of 11 Yorkshire derbies in the Championship since promotion in the season before last; Sheffield Wednesday have won three of 11 over the same period.
• If on the field from the outset, defender Anthony Gerrard will be making his 300th career league start.
Sheff Wed 1-3 Huddersfield
Burnley (H) Sat 30 Nov 3pm KO
Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!
Date:Saturday November 23 2013
Get Social and Be Vital! (Sunday March 9 2014)
Doncaster V Huddersfield (Saturday March 8 2014)
Match Officials: Doncaster vs Huddersfield Town (Saturday March 8 2014)
Pay On The Day at Doncaster (Saturday March 8 2014)
Norwood & Paterson Return From Duty (Saturday March 8 2014)
Bradford Insist They Will Pay Western Stars (Saturday March 8 2014)
Town Foundation Beard Benefits (Saturday March 8 2014)
Stead Returns To Terriers (Tuesday March 4 2014)
Vital Fan Poll Results - Team Strengthening? (Sunday March 2 2014)
Get Social and Be Vital! (Sunday March 2 2014)
|12. Leeds Utd||33||12||8||13||0||44|
|16. Sheff Wed||33||9||12||12||-1||39|
|Bowyer aims to regroup
» Blackburn : 10/03/2014 10:18:00
|Adkins: It was great to see him score
» Reading : 10/03/2014 10:00:00
|Powell: Goals Change Games
» Charlton : 10/03/2014 09:35:00
|Freedman: We Were Terrific
» Bolton : 10/03/2014 09:33:00
|Howe: Delighted with the clean sheets
» Bournemouth : 10/03/2014 09:00:00
» Bournemouth : 10/03/2014 08:45:00
|Semi Final Draw - It's Arsenal For The Latics
» Wigan : 10/03/2014 07:22:00