Date:Thursday December 26 2013
John Smith's Stadium
BOXING DAY 2013
Huddersfield stand between Derby and an eight successive victory on Boxing Day.
The Terriers have picked up in form recently and have scored in 10 of 12 matches at home this season, although meetings with the Rams have been limited in recent memory last season saw The Terriers run out with a single goal to nil victory at The Town Ground. A repeat of that result would go down well in this part of Yorkshire.
Mark Robins has pretty much a fully fit squad to choose from with just Peter Clarke on the injured list and seeing Joel Lynch return after suspension and Jon Hogg back in training although still rated doubtful.
Derby are on an amazing win of 7 straight victories, but it has to end sometime and why not today!
"Derby are the in-form team in the division, without a doubt,"
"My neighbour is Jamie Ward, so the games will begin tonight with all the alarms going off!
"He is a key component within their team and he is partnered up top by the in-form Chris Martin and Simon Dawkins, who is on loan from Tottenham. The midfield battle will be important; they have good players in there with Will Hughes, Craig Bryson and John Eustace, but it will be interesting to see if they bring in Jeff Hendrick. It will be a really good game, one that I am looking forward to.
"It will be tough for us, but tough for them."
Joel Lynch returns from suspension.
Jon Hogg (hip) is hoping to have proven his fitness but remains doubtful.
Peter Clarke is still not back in contention (knee)
James Vaughan completed 90 minutes at Brighton and suffered no ill effects of an ankle injury so will likely start with Paterson.
Many people focus on Vaughan however Hammill has been the player most look to in recent weeks, his direct running and creative play are a highlight of Town's attacking threat.
Richard Keogh is out of a reunion with his former side with a knee injury.
Michael Keane set for debut after joining on loan from Manchester United.
Zak Whitbread could return on the bench
He always seems to be scoring when I see Derby on the Football League Show.
The striker appears to have a high work rate and will be just one of many danger when in-form Derby visit
• This is the 87th meeting between Huddersfield and Derby. They first met in October 1910.
• The last four meetings between these teams have all ended in a home win. Last season Derby won 3-0 at Pride Park after a 1-0 defeat at Huddersfield.
• Their two meetings last season are their only League meetings since 1995-96.
• Derby have not won at Huddersfield since a 1-0 win there on Boxing Day 1995.
• Huddersfield have not won any of their last three matches, losing two and drawing one of those games. This winless sequence followed a run of three consecutive victories.
• Huddersfield have scored in 10 of their 12 matches played so far at the John Smith's Stadium.
• Their last five home matches have been an alternate sequence of lost, won, lost, won, lost. They are seeking to avoid back-to-back home defeats for the first time this season.
• Derby recorded a seventh consecutive victory in the Championship when they won at home to Doncaster on Saturday. This matches the longest run of consecutive victories recorded in the Championship this season, by Burnley.
• Derby are seeking a fourth consecutive away victory, something they last achieved in their opening four away matches of the season.
• Derby have scored in 11 of the 12 matches they have played away from home so far this season. Only one of their 12 matches away from Pride Park in all competitions has ended in a draw.
Huddersfield 2-1 Derby
29 Dec 2013 - Yeovil (H)
01 Jan 2014 - Burnley (A)
Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!
Date:Thursday December 26 2013
Under 21 Skipper Joins Kidderminster Harriers (Thursday March 26 2015)
Man United's Reece James Joins On Loan (Thursday March 26 2015)
Report: Huddersfield Town 0-2 Fulham (Thursday March 26 2015)
Report: Huddersfield Town 2-2 Norwich City (Thursday March 26 2015)
Miller On Weirdest Game Ever (Wednesday March 25 2015)
Scholar Signs Pro Deal (Tuesday March 24 2015)
Deadline Activity? (Tuesday March 24 2015)
Powell On Missed Fulham Opportunity (Sunday March 22 2015)
Audio - Powell On Fulham Defeat (Sunday March 22 2015)
Stats: Huddersfield v Fulham (Saturday March 21 2015)
|Forest Sign A Lion Hunter?
» Forest : 27/03/2015 11:24:01
|McLaughlin: The Only Way Is Essex
» Forest : 27/03/2015 10:27:01
|Wolves miss out on Crystal Palace midfielder
» Wolves : 27/03/2015 10:00:01
|Neil Happy To Have Dorrans Back
» Norwich : 27/03/2015 10:00:01
|Loan transfer news: One in, two out yesterday
» Reading : 27/03/2015 10:00:00