Date:Sunday December 29 2013
John Smith's Stadium
29 December 2013
Huddersfield entertain Yeovil in their final home match of 2013 looking to end the Christmas period and the year with 3 vital points.
The Terriers have amassed over 50 shots at goal in their last two Championship home games, but have only managed to muster the one goal. The feeling is that should Town perform as they have been doing today could be a chance to notch more than just the one goal against a Yeovil side who are already facing a battle to remain in the divsion.
The Glovers travel to Huddersfield off the back of a 3-0 defeat to Bournemouth, who ironically lost here 5-1 earlier this season, having also won promotion with Yeovil from league one last season.
Huddersfield are likely to hand a start to youngster Duane Holmes after his impressive display against Derby in mid-week although leading scorer James Vaughan will face a late fitness test.
"The season so far has been good, but over the last seven or eight games we have been very good,"
"The game-plan is to try and get the midfield on the ball and as the deep-lying midfielder, I get it quite a lot. I enjoy having the ball - I feel comfortable with it - and I like starting our moves off. It`s a good role for me."
"We go into every game looking to win and if we win on Sunday, I think we have had a good Christmas period having just drawn with two of the form teams.
"Yeovil have won convincingly at some difficult places this year; less than a month ago they won 3-0 at Watford. They are very capable and they`re fighting to stay in the league and establish themselves, just like we were last year. It will be a very tough game."
"We`re wary of their threats, but if they`ve watched us over the last few games they will be wary of us too. We get quite a lot of crosses in and we like to take the attack to the opposition."
James Vaughan & Anthony Gerrard will both be assessed ahead of team selection after picking up knocks.
Duane Holmes could be set for a starting place after an impressive substitute performance against Derby.
Peter Clarke remains sidelined with a knee injury.
Adam Hammill is one booking away from a suspension
This game should be controlled by the midfield and as the deep-lying playmaker Clayton should be the man to run this game.
Defender Byron Webster (hamstring) is a doubt
Sam Foley and striker James Hayter could start.
Defender Luke Ayling is also set to return
The midfielder is Yeovil's leading scorer this season with 5 goals, 4 of those coming in Championship games including the winner against Millwall that secured Yeovil's first win at this level.
• This is the 17th meeting between Huddersfield and Yeovil, all of which have been league games. This is the first time they have met at a level as high as the Championship.
• Huddersfield are unbeaten in the last six meetings between the teams, including a League One double over Yeovil when the teams were last in the same division in 2011-12.
• Only one of their previous 16 meetings have ended in a goalless draw, and Yeovil have kept only two clean sheets in those 16 matches.
• Huddersfield's 1-1 home draw with Derby on Boxing Day was their second consecutive draw.
• Mark Robins' side have not won any of their last four matches, losing two and drawing two.
• The Terriers have won just one of their last four matches at the John Smith's Stadium, a 2-1 win over Burnley on 30 November.
• Huddersfield have lost three of 13 matches home games in all competitions this season. All three of those defeats have come in the last six home matches.
• Yeovil have lost their last two matches without scoring a goal. Defeat today would register a third consecutive defeat for the third time this season.
• Gary Johnson's team have won just five of the 24 matches they have played this season in all competitions, though three of those five wins have been recorded away from home.
• The Boxing Day defeat at Bournemouth is their only away defeat in their last three matches away from Huish Park, though they have won just one of their last 10 matches on the road.
Match Officials: Huddersfield vs Yeovil
The match officials have been announced by the Football League for the SkyBet Championship clash between Huddersfield Town and Yeovil Town.
Referee: Mr Keith Hill (Hertfordshire)
Assistant: Mr Christopher Akers (South Yorkshire)
Assistant: Mr Gary Hilton (Lancashire)
Fourth Official: Mr Darren Bond (Lancashire)
Referee Keith Hill has taken charge of 17 games this season, dishing out 53 yellow cards and 2 Reds. This is the first time he will officiate a Huddersfield Town game this season, however he has already taken a Yeovil game which was a 0-3 defeat to Derby back in August.
Huddersfield 5 - 1 Yeovil
NEW YEARS DAY - Burnley (a)
Vital Huddersfield Town on:
Vital Huddersfield Town on:
Join Vital Huddersfield Town
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!
Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!
Date:Sunday December 29 2013
Get Social and Be Vital! (Sunday March 9 2014)
Doncaster V Huddersfield (Saturday March 8 2014)
Match Officials: Doncaster vs Huddersfield Town (Saturday March 8 2014)
Pay On The Day at Doncaster (Saturday March 8 2014)
Norwood & Paterson Return From Duty (Saturday March 8 2014)
Bradford Insist They Will Pay Western Stars (Saturday March 8 2014)
Town Foundation Beard Benefits (Saturday March 8 2014)
Stead Returns To Terriers (Tuesday March 4 2014)
Vital Fan Poll Results - Team Strengthening? (Sunday March 2 2014)
Get Social and Be Vital! (Sunday March 2 2014)
|12. Leeds Utd||33||12||8||13||0||44|
|16. Sheff Wed||33||9||12||12||-1||39|
|What The Bosses Said - Man City 1 Latics 2
» Wigan : 10/03/2014 00:10:00
|Vote For Your Latics Man Of The Match v Man City
» Wigan : 09/03/2014 23:50:00
|A Super Win For Johnson
» Yeovil : 09/03/2014 23:14:00
|Holloway Very Proud
» Millwall : 09/03/2014 22:44:00
|Feeney Leaves For Blackburn
» Millwall : 09/03/2014 22:31:00
|Garcia - Not Criticising The Referee
» Brighton : 09/03/2014 21:44:00
|Powell Will Be Boss Next Season....Of Who Though?
» Charlton : 09/03/2014 20:39:00