Date:Saturday March 22 2014
22 March 2014
Huddersfield Town head out on their travels with a strong army of travelling fans again
They will make the short trip to the seaside to face a Blackpool side who are in freefall, following just the one win in 20 games.
Huddersfield are set to welcome back James Vaughan to their starting line-up as they aim to improve their away form and set right a disappointing result from last weekends home defeat to Blackburn.
"I am asking the players to play in a certain way and they have taken it on board. I want them to be brave and to have the courage to pass the ball - and that is what it takes. It would be easy to play route one football, but we only want to revert to that when it is necessary.
"A lot of the stuff that had happened in the Blackburn game was good. I watched the match back and I thought that we did pretty well; we had enough opportunities on their goal to get something from the game. Had we done things better and not made the mistakes then we could have won the match."
"They started brilliantly under Paul (Ince) and he put together a squad of very good players,"
"At the moment they are scrapping at the bottom, but they look close to turning their fortunes around.
"Their squad on paper is still a strong one and Bloomfield Road is always a tough place to play football. We are under no illusions that we have to be on our game; we have to stand up and be counted."
Steve Davies (groin) set to miss out
Kevin Foley returned to training, maybe a place on the bench is likely.
Rob Earnshaw is ineligible after joining after registration cut-off for todays game
Experienced striker who has joined on-loan from Blackburn Rovers.
The striker has 3 Scotland caps and was once transferred for £2 million pounds
He has made 6 appearances and scored once for the seasiders at Leicester.
James Vaughan set to start after recovering from the calf injury.
Duane Holmes is hoping for an inclusion after returning early from Yeovil
Joel Lynch still recovering from injury and is expected back next weekend.
Anthony Gerrard remains a doubt with a fractured toe.
The Ex-Bradford City striker has settled now into the Huddersfield Town team and the improvement in his link-up play is starting to become evident; with James Vaughan adding presence alongside him I expect Nahki to shine this afternoon
• These sides played out a 1-1 draw at the John Smith's Stadium in September.
• Huddersfield are unbeaten in the last three meetings, though they have won only one. Blackpool's last win in all competitions was 1-0 at home in the League Cup in August 2007.
• Both sides have won two of the last four meetings at Bloomfield Road in all competitions.
• Blackpool have won only one of their last 20 games in all competitions. Their only win since November was 1-0 against Millwall at home on 11 March.
• Blackpool have won only one of their last nine games at home, scoring just five goals.
• Huddersfield have won only one of their last five games, losing three. Their only win since mid-February was 5-0 against Barnsley at home on 1 March.
• Huddersfield have won one of their last nine away games in the Championship. Their only win on the road since early December was 2-1 at Birmingham on 15 February.
Rob Lewis (Shrewsbury)
Blackpool 2-3 Huddersfield Town
Tuesday 25th March (H) Middlesborough 19:45
Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!
Date:Saturday March 22 2014
Terriers Set Up Rochdale Friendly (Thursday May 21 2015)
Blackpool Charged & Grimsby Friendly (Wednesday May 20 2015)
Barnsley Friendly Arranged (Tuesday May 19 2015)
Setting A Dangerous Precedent (Monday May 18 2015)
Blackpool Confirmed As Nil-Nil (Saturday May 16 2015)
Huddersfield's First Pre-Season Confirmed (Saturday May 16 2015)
Huddersfield Could Let Murphy Leave (Thursday May 14 2015)
Powell Talks Summer Plans (Monday May 11 2015)
Chesterfield Move For Murphy (Sunday May 10 2015)
Powell Announces Retained List (Tuesday May 5 2015)
|13. Sheff Wed||46||14||18||14||-6||60|
|15. Leeds Utd||46||15||11||20||-11||56|
|Boro mind games
» Norwich : 22/05/2015 21:13:01
|Mark Bunn Leaves City
» Norwich : 22/05/2015 20:52:01
|Former boss says Redfearn will be a huge loss to the club
» Leeds Utd : 22/05/2015 20:49:01
|Holt Fooled By Schoolboy Prank Call
» Norwich : 22/05/2015 20:23:00
|Rizespor Want Lafferty
» Norwich : 22/05/2015 19:42:01